Ride sharing companies are the most popular way to get around. Millions of people use the services on a regular basis and it’s no surprise why: they offer convenience and reliability at a reasonable price. However, there are some risks involved with using these services because you don’t know who will be driving your vehicle. With so many options available for passengers, drivers have to compete for their share of rides through competitive prices as well as quality ratings from previous passengers. In order to stand out from the competition and provide an even better experience for their customers, ride sharing companies must ensure that their drivers are safe and reliable before allowing them access to customers.
Before you can drive for a ride sharing service, they will want to see your driver records. That means they need to know:
- Your driver’s license, registration and insurance information
- Your driving history including accidents and tickets (if any)
- Criminal record checks (if applicable)
They also want to make sure that the car is safe for passengers by making sure it has been inspected by an authorized mechanic before you start driving with them.
The most important step in selecting a driver is a thorough background check. This should include criminal history, driving history, driving record and experience behind the wheel.
Ride sharing services should also consider other factors when considering their drivers such as age limits for applicants and requirements for insurance coverage (i.e. commercial liability).
- Safety record. You should be able to find out how many accidents the driver has been involved in, and whether they have any violations on their driving record.
- Insurance. You want to know what kind of insurance coverage your ride-sharing company provides for passengers and drivers alike, as well as what is covered by that policy.
- Background check. The background check should include checking criminal history (for both the person applying for a job and any previous employers), driving history, sex offender registry and more–and it needs to be done at least annually for all drivers on your platform who are still active with you after an initial background check has been completed when they first started working with you.* Driving record checks should also be done every six months after this initial check has been completed.*
Taxes, insurance and vehicle requirements.
As a driver, you must be able to meet the following requirements:
- You must be at least 21 years old.
- You must have a valid driver’s license and proof of insurance.
- Your car needs to pass an inspection by the California Highway Patrol (CHP).
As far as taxes and insurance go, they’re pretty straightforward: Uber, Lyft and other ride-sharing companies will handle all of that for you because they provide all of their drivers with access to health care benefits through Aetna as well as dental care through Delta Dental Plan Association (DDP).
Surveys, feedback and reviews.
The ride sharing industry is still fairly new, so it’s important that you keep up with any changes in the industry.
One way to stay informed is by conducting surveys or asking for feedback from your passengers. You should also make sure that you have a way for passengers to provide anonymous feedback and see how their experience compares with other drivers in your fleet. A good way of doing this would be through an app like Google Forms or Survey Monkey, which allows users to rate their driver out of five stars and leave comments about their experience.
Ride sharing companies need to screen their drivers properly to ensure that they are safe and reliable for their passengers
Ride sharing companies need to screen their drivers properly to ensure that they are safe and reliable for their passengers.
Ride sharing companies should make sure that they are hiring drivers who have a clean driving record, and that they have passed all background checks. They should also verify that any prospective drivers have had no previous infractions or accidents while on the road in the past three years.
Ride sharing companies need to screen their drivers properly to ensure that they are safe and reliable for their passengers. They also need to make sure that their drivers understand the rules and regulations of driving for these ridesharing apps in order to prevent any accidents or injuries from occurring during transport.